INGENAES is designed to assist partners in Feed the Future countries to build more robust, gender-responsive, and nutrition-sensitive institutions, projects and programs capable of assessing and responding to the needs of both men and women farmers through EAS; disseminate gender-appropriate and nutrition-enhancing technologies and access to inputs to improve women’s agricultural productivity and enhance household nutrition; identify, test efficacy, and scale proven mechanisms for delivering improved EAS to women farmers; and apply effective, nutrition-sensitive, extension approaches and tools for engaging both men and women. We work to improve agricultural livelihoods focusing on strengthening extension and advisory services to empower and engage smallholder farmers, male and female.
- Integrate service delivery mechanisms that better reach women farmers and promote nutrition sensitive agriculture
- Assist stakeholders in designing and implementing gender-transformative, nutrition sensitive activities
- Partner in innovative learning exchanges
- Carry out needs-based assessments and applied research
- Create mentoring programs and strengthen networks
- Support farmer organizations
- Hold regional technology fairs and virtual marketplaces